[DBD] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

banned for being abusive?

4 posters

Go down

banned for being abusive? Empty banned for being abusive?

Post  jonesey 8th April 2009, 3:57 am

Can someone tell me what this means? I was banned for being abusive? To the best of my knowledge I was not spawnkilling, I killed one marine running past the tank by spawn and one in the sniper windows by spawn. After this I was banned for being "abusive". If I was spawnkilling, just tell me and I'll accept that. Thanks.

jonesey

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Back to top Go down

banned for being abusive? Empty Re: banned for being abusive?

Post  Thomson85 8th April 2009, 4:33 am

ABUSIVE is what we use as a general kick/ban. Sourcemod is what we use for admin privilages, and it's list of reasons for kick/ban are limited. It is either "Abusive" or another such as "General Exploit/Cheating" "Racism" and so on. There is no "Spawn/Exit Camping"... Hopefully the admin who kicked/banned you will remember the case and explain more.

As for the ban, it might only be a 7 day ban or LESS. So, understand that please.
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/littlerascle

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos 8th April 2009, 11:21 pm

Hmmm, pretty sure it was I or Nova. I'm thinking it was me. Either way, I regularly receive complaints from people that are regulars on the server. Sometimes I do not have time to spec every individual I receive complaints about, but if I receive a complaint more than once I usually don't spec that person. I also flash a warning across the screen saying that spawn killing / exit camping can result in a ban. Now, as long as it was I that did it, it was for 7 days. But, my question to you is...why did you kill a marine as he exited spawn by the tank? I may be willing to overlook this and agree to having the ban lifted before the 7 days if you can give a reasonable explanation.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-12-05

http://www.pillclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jonesey 9th April 2009, 2:23 am

Well i'm not sure exactly, what is the technical definition of exit camping? The marine I killed had already ran past the tank and was close to the stairs going inside of the building. Is this considered exit camping? If it is then I guess I am guilty. Also, I could get back onto the server today so the ban must have been for only a few hours. And for the record, I am a regular on this server and have been for quite a while now, and I don't believe I have ever had a complaint about me. Normally I am the one telling my own teammates not to spawn camp. Thanks.

jonesey

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos 9th April 2009, 3:09 am

See Thomson, bans aren't sticking.

Anyways, I know your a regular and I've never had any problems with you. Here's pretty much how exit camping works: If you can shoot a marine right after they exit spawn, that's pretty much exit camping. Works the same for Marines. However, if they are going down the back hall to Charlie and need to shoot some Insurgents on the way, that's ok. As long as they aren't proned out with a saw or just standing there mowing down ins's while they're trying to get out.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 9th April 2009, 4:56 am

Chronos wrote:See Thomson, bans aren't sticking.

Anyways, I know your a regular and I've never had any problems with you. Here's pretty much how exit camping works: If you can shoot a marine right after they exit spawn, that's pretty much exit camping.

1. I myself have not banned someone and the ban not stick... you might be selecting the wrong ban time and not realizing it.

2. I will post in the NCO thread on how to manually ban, if you prefer that way (will try to do tomorrow)

Chronos wrote:However, if they are going down the back hall to Charlie and need to shoot some Insurgents on the way, that's ok. As long as they aren't proned out with a saw or just standing there mowing down ins's while they're trying to get out.

This doesn't really apply to ins_office2 as Hardcell moved the Insurgents spawn point and replaced the previous one with the objective. Unless of course you mean having the SAW layed out at the NEW insurgenct spawn exits.
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/littlerascle

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos 10th April 2009, 8:00 am

Thomson85 wrote:
Chronos wrote:See Thomson, bans aren't sticking.

Anyways, I know your a regular and I've never had any problems with you. Here's pretty much how exit camping works: If you can shoot a marine right after they exit spawn, that's pretty much exit camping.

1. I myself have not banned someone and the ban not stick... you might be selecting the wrong ban time and not realizing it.

2. I will post in the NCO thread on how to manually ban, if you prefer that way (will try to do tomorrow)

Chronos wrote:However, if they are going down the back hall to Charlie and need to shoot some Insurgents on the way, that's ok. As long as they aren't proned out with a saw or just standing there mowing down ins's while they're trying to get out.

This doesn't really apply to ins_office2 as Hardcell moved the Insurgents spawn point and replaced the previous one with the objective. Unless of course you mean having the SAW layed out at the NEW insurgenct spawn exits.

* 1. Might have pressed 6 instead of 7 for 1 day vs 1 week. Not sure, I still don't remember if it was I or Nova that banned.
    * 2. Yes, please do. I, personally, prefer to ban through console. Habit
    * 3. No, talking about the new INS spawn. I have seen a couple marines, although rare, camp that back hall with a 249. But he's talking about killing a MAR outside the MAR spawn by the tank.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  jonesey 10th April 2009, 4:55 pm

alright so... should i just take this as my warning then?

jonesey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mississippi LeRoy Jenkins 10th April 2009, 9:13 pm

Chronos wrote:* 2. Yes, please do. I, personally, prefer to ban through console. Habit

Yo Chronos if you guys are using sourcemod, to manually ban you would use this function in console.

sm_addban STEAMID TimeINminutesHERE

When 0 is placed in the Time section, the resulting ban will be a permanent ban.

Mississippi LeRoy Jenkins

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos 11th April 2009, 7:53 am

jonesey wrote:alright so... should i just take this as my warning then?
Yes. Consider it a stern warning. If caught again, you may be perma banned.

Mississippi LeRoy Jenkins wrote:
Chronos wrote:* 2. Yes, please do. I, personally, prefer to ban through console. Habit

Yo Chronos if you guys are using sourcemod, to manually ban you would use this function in console.

sm_addban STEAMID TimeINminutesHERE

When 0 is placed in the Time section, the resulting ban will be a permanent ban.
Thanks Leroy. I was pretty sure how to do this, but a lot of our other admins don't know console as much. BTW, at least I got chicken.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down