[DBD] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Office ban.....

3 posters

Go down

Office ban..... Empty Office ban.....

Post  *|EFU|* 27th February 2009, 2:24 am

Dear chronos (i think it was you),

i was banned from your office server for telling someone called 'Looking for a clan' to go to efuclan.com

1. your office server is my fav server on Ins.
2. i wasnt warned
3.i didnt know it was against to rules to tell someone that
4.please let me come back

your office server is fantastic and i spend ages on it so please please let me back on, next time i will shut my mouth
Crying or Very sad

*|EFU|*

Back to top Go down

Office ban..... Empty Re: Office ban.....

Post  Chronos 27th February 2009, 2:39 am

You were warned. A warning that says "RECRUITING = PERMA BAN" flashes across the bottom of the screen every couple of minutes. I'll leave this up to Thomson. If he chooses to unban you, then so be it. You will need to post your Steam ID so he can unban you.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-12-05

http://www.pillclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 27th February 2009, 3:07 am

Aside from the fact that we have a rotating flash banner on the bottom left of the screen and one of those being "RECRUITING = PERMA BAN".

Even if you didn't see it, it's not very ethical to recruit in other clan's server(s). Do you pay to keep our 24/7 OFFICE server running? No. So, what you should have done is NOT recruited. It's a classic case of seeing rules and just ignoring them. I understand that a good 80% of the people ignore these warnings, but its in such cases like these, that when you say you had no warning... we say you did (especially if you played on the server as long as you've claimed).

Ultimately I am going to think this one over, go ahead and post your SteamID in the event I choose in your favor I can unban you.
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/littlerascle

Back to top Go down

Post  Split 27th February 2009, 3:46 am

plus i seem to remember you have to agree to something along the lines of that when you agree to our terms and conditions as you jooin the server
Split
Split

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Office ban..... Empty ban

Post  NoName 27th February 2009, 2:13 pm

it was only a 24hour ban thank god

and this time i will shut my mouth!

oh and btw i just read the terms and conditions to play on the server and it doesnt say no recruiting on it, and i didnt see the flashing warning so i didnt know, but now i do i will shut up and play=]

thanks

NoName

Back to top Go down

Post  Split 27th February 2009, 6:04 pm

thanks for understanding,but rules are rules and tbh its common practice for most if not all servers to ban recruiting....isnt it really so there cant be any surprise
Split
Split

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 27th February 2009, 7:28 pm

Well like split said, it's common knowledge, but I will double check and add it to the TOA if needed. I know its in our source_adds that pop up on the bottom left corner on BOTH servers
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos 27th February 2009, 9:55 pm

NoName wrote:it was only a 24hour ban thank god

oh and btw i just read the terms and conditions to play on the server and it doesnt say no recruiting on it, and i didnt see the flashing warning so i didnt know, but now i do i will shut up and play=]

thanks
Was supposed to be perma. You got lucky at my mistake I guess. Be forewarned, it's all in the fine print and not reading the fine print is what gets people in trouble. Negligence is not an excuse.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-12-05

http://www.pillclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 28th February 2009, 2:53 am

Chronos wrote:
NoName wrote:it was only a 24hour ban thank god

thanks
Was supposed to be perma. You got lucky at my mistake I guess. Be forewarned, it's all in the fine print and not reading the fine print is what gets people in trouble. Negligence is not an excuse.

Furthermore, now you KNOW our policy on recruiting on our server. Simply, if it happens again, there is no excuse!
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Office ban..... Empty Office ban.....

Post  NoName 28th February 2009, 4:47 pm

Yeah its 98% my bad, 1% is its not on the Terms and conditions, the other 1% is that as so many people are dying and chatting sometimes the messages at the bottom go quite quickly

so apologies and it will never happen again =]

play hard gents

peace!

NoName

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down