[DBD] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

office2 server rules

4 posters

Go down

office2 server rules Empty office2 server rules

Post  voodoospork 24th April 2009, 5:53 pm

I am looking for clarification on spawn/exit camping on this server. I just got banned for shooting some marines coming out of their spawn after I got caught out on the ledge over the boxes into Alpha. Honestly, I think soldierdad77 was just being pissy because I also got a spawn camping warning for killing him in the tunnel under alpha.

Either there is only one legal entrance into Alpha, or there is some flexibility on this rule. Obviously, I never linger in a place where I'd be shooting anyone coming out of spawn, and if I figure that I can get where I'm going without killing anyone, that's what I do. If camping a file cabinet or window ledge somewhere is beneath my dignity, obviously hanging around to shoot people dropping out of spawn just isn't something I would do.

I've seen this interpreted by admin both ways, and the only time they've come down on the banning side is when they've just been killed themselves.

I was using a different name at the time because people always assume I'm an admin when I'm wearing my tags.

voodoospork
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

office2 server rules Empty Re: office2 server rules

Post  Chronos 24th April 2009, 7:03 pm

You're Spork, the recruit...right? Sorry, name is throwing me off.

I can vouch for Spork. I have never sen him camp the exits. I know that his main strategy to get into A is to jump out the window and back in the window near A, near where the MAR A exit is. I have seen him shoot 1 or 2 MAR's in the process, but he never sticks around to shoot them as they exit spawn, only so he can make it back into the building.

General rule is - if you are shooting someone as they exit spawn, well, that's exit camping. Now, there are is an exception to this. If you are just "passing through", like you do at the windows or MAR's do while going down the back hall, it may be necessary to shoot an enemy as they exit in order to make it through alive. If someone is just sitting there mowing people down as they exit, that is exit camping. Merely moving through the area and immediately back in is not. Shooting someone in the tunnel under A is not.

Post your SteamID and Thomson or I will unban you.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-12-05

http://www.pillclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 24th April 2009, 9:02 pm

Chronos wrote:You're Spork, the recruit...right? Sorry, name is throwing me off.

I can vouch for Spork. I have never sen him camp the exits. I know that his main strategy to get into A is to jump out the window and back in the window near A, near where the MAR A exit is. I have seen him shoot 1 or 2 MAR's in the process, but he never sticks around to shoot them as they exit spawn, only so he can make it back into the building.

General rule is - if you are shooting someone as they exit spawn, well, that's exit camping. Now, there are is an exception to this. If you are just "passing through", like you do at the windows or MAR's do while going down the back hall, it may be necessary to shoot an enemy as they exit in order to make it through alive. If someone is just sitting there mowing people down as they exit, that is exit camping. Merely moving through the area and immediately back in is not. Shooting someone in the tunnel under A is not.

Post your SteamID and Thomson or I will unban you.

You can take care of it Chronos, but if I see his steamID first I will. I wonder who banned u?
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/littlerascle

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos 24th April 2009, 11:24 pm

Thomson85 wrote:I wonder who banned u?
voodoospork wrote:Honestly, I think soldierdad77 was just being pissy because I also got a spawn camping warning for killing him in the tunnel under alpha.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  voodoospork 25th April 2009, 12:32 am

Yeah, I am Spork. It looks like it was a fairly short ban because I was able to log on this evening. Thanks anyway.

voodoospork
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos 25th April 2009, 2:34 am

voodoospork wrote:Yeah, I am Spork. It looks like it was a fairly short ban because I was able to log on this evening. Thanks anyway.
There is a possibility that the server autobanned you for 24 hours. It will do that if you get autokicked something like 3 times for TK's.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 25th April 2009, 3:02 am

Chronos wrote:
voodoospork wrote:Yeah, I am Spork. It looks like it was a fairly short ban because I was able to log on this evening. Thanks anyway.
There is a possibility that the server autobanned you for 24 hours. It will do that if you get autokicked something like 3 times for TK's.

Yes, server log shows an autoban for TK's

Wasnt soldierdad

He also wouldnt ban a [DBD] recruit without consulting me first anyways.

But there is your answer, it is due to a new admin infrastructure we added (beetles mod), which it looks like we might remove soon.
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Split 25th April 2009, 12:32 pm

while we are on the subject the mod REALLY plays up on ins_sweet..was kicking people including cadavar and myself a few timeswas saying we was afk for 2 round(which we wernt) then kicked us.
Split
Split

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  voodoospork 25th April 2009, 3:40 pm

It's been like a week since I racked up enough TKs for kick.

I walked out onto the ledge and then I see three or four marines are running from their spawn to the stairwell. I spray at them and kill two, including soldierdad77. I turn around and try to jump into the window before getting shot and killed. I am spectating for all of five seconds before I get banned for reason: abusive.

I wasn't wearing my DBD tags because I usually only wear them in the evening when other DBD people are likely to be around. If I wear them during the day, I just get a bunch of people ordering me to ban someone. I spend all day explaining that I am not an admin and that I have no way to contact one. Never mind that, even if I did have a way, it's eleven in the damned morning and most people aren't going to be sitting around waiting to log into INS and punish people.

He probably wouldn't have banned me if I had been wearing my tags, but the guy is clearly just a very poor sport. It shouldn't matter if it was Thomson or just some random pubbie. I got my one warning for killing him in the tunnel (I like to peek out and shoot people getting ready to go up the ladder or in the sniper nest), and then not a single question after I was caught out on the ledge. Even if I'd just been banned without any warning after the ledge incident, it would have been a lot less telling. It wasn't even a case of a bunch of guys fouling up the water and me catching the backlash. There were only ten people or so playing at the time and I think he'd banned one other guy since he logged on.

I don't expect anything to happen to him, and I don't really want anything to. I'm just trying to clear up that this isn't just some dipshit getting himself banned and then pointing the finger at a perfectly respectable and upstanding sister-clan member.

On the point of the admin mod, it makes the game ten times more playable during the day by keeping the mass TKs under control. I don't really like the AFK kick thing, but I'd have to say it's a net positive on the whole.

voodoospork
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 25th April 2009, 5:58 pm

well now that we have ironed out beetlesmod on the custom map server, it seems the AFK kick isnt enabled and/or takes longer. So this should help.

give me ur steamID and ill unban or chronos will
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos 25th April 2009, 6:41 pm

I think the autoban for too many TK's should stay. We get quite a lot of assholes that come into the server just to TK.

As far as the AFK kick, I hate it. Been kicked many times while trying to do something like writing down SteamID's for possible bans, etc.

Thomson85 wrote:give me ur steamID and ill unban or chronos will
He's unbanned.

Soldierdad is a decent guy, but does seem a little quick to jump the gun when it comes to thinking someone is exit camping.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down