[DBD] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to fix the economy

+2
caboose90
Chronos
6 posters

Go down

How to fix the economy Empty How to fix the economy

Post  Chronos 3rd August 2009, 6:38 pm

Sometimes it's the simplest answers that escape intelligent people! This is something that the US Government would never think of because it just might work!

This is from The Business Section
It asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?"
I think this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr. President,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's
economy. Instead Of giving billions of dollars to companies that will
squander the money On lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following
plan. You can Call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work
force. - Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the
following Stipulations:
1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings -
Unemployment fixed.
2) They MUST buy a new American CAR. Forty million
cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress
and their Constituents pay their taxes...
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-12-05

http://www.pillclan.com

Back to top Go down

How to fix the economy Empty Re: How to fix the economy

Post  caboose90 6th August 2009, 4:42 am

lol wow..that is an amazing idea.
caboose90
caboose90

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-03-17

http://myspace.com/aarocorb

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 8th August 2009, 3:30 pm

or how about this?

Pull the troops out of iraq/afgan and put them on border patrol, round up all the illegal immigrants and hand them M16's and send them over to Iraq/Afgan for a tour. Then they can become legal citizens. Solves the immigration, war on terrorism, and economy right there.
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/littlerascle

Back to top Go down

Post  blaze24/7 10th August 2009, 9:21 am

I thought americans were going into debt over health care?

should that not be in your plan? Your neighbors to the north have a lower GDP and yet a better health care system. are you not ashamed?
blaze24/7
blaze24/7

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova 15th August 2009, 6:13 pm

When you have to wait two months to get a physical, it's not a better system. >.>

And we're already in debt, we don't care about more. Also, I support Thomson's idea.
Nova
Nova
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 16th August 2009, 8:44 am

blaze24/7 wrote:I thought Americans were going into debt over health care?

should that not be in your plan? Your neighbors to the north have a lower GDP and yet a better health care system. are you not ashamed?

No... not at all. Especially when every other countries economy thrives off ours. If we fail.... many if not all others will too (including Canada). Health care.... well you do have free health care. But, we do have the best doctors in America, as any good doctor wants to make money (as they will not make as much working in Canada).

So, there are ups and downs to both sides. We do have state & federal health care for children and low income familys that is free if you qualify. So... think about that. Very Happy
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  blaze24/7 18th August 2009, 9:52 pm

The fact you have to qualify for health care is laughable. The fact many in the US believe good doctors want more money so they decide to work in the US instead is a complete fallacy. We have many good doctors here in Canada and they are paid handsomely, without having to worry whether patients are insured before treating them effectively. Besides, if all a doctor cares about is making more profit than do they really care about their patients well being? Yes our system is not perfect but it is better than the US. I would rather wait for treatment then not receive any at all; or receive it at the cost of my taxes rather than my families well being (going into debt over health treatments does not happen here). The best thing you can do from my outside perspective would be to move forward with health care reform. It should be mandated before its too late. This should be part of your plan and I stand by that observation. 50 million Americans are uninsured. 0 Canadians are uninsured (granted the govt is the insurer). I think that speaks for itself. I will not comment on potential downfall of the american economy effecting other countries as its pure speculation.

If you would liek more information on our system see this wikipedia article which pretty much says it all http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Canada I suggest reading the life expectancy compared to the USA and other countries. Also the part about americans seeking health care and prescription medications in Canada should be enlightening.
blaze24/7
blaze24/7

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronos 18th August 2009, 10:12 pm

blaze24/7 wrote:Your neighbors to the north have a lower GDP and yet a better health care system. are you not ashamed?
Very

Thomson85 wrote:(as they will not make as much working in Canada).
You sure about that? Doctors in Canada make quite a good living. Sure, they might not be able to afford a $2 million home, 4 Porsches, BMW's, etc. But they make enough to own half million dollar homes and an $80k car.

Thomson85 wrote:We do have state & federal health care for children and low income family's that is free if you qualify. So... think about that. Very Happy
Why is it that prisoners in GITMO get better health care than US citizens that "don't qualify"? We're talking about American born citizens. Sure some are scum, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve better than those worthless American-killing goat fuckers in GITMO.

The problem is our health care system is failing because of greedy doctors and insurance companies. I'm not a big fan of Michael Moore, but I highly suggest you guys watch his movie "Sicko" if you haven't seen it. America is supposed to be about equality. There is no such thing as equality when it comes to our health care system in America and millions are suffering because of greediness. Fuck, they have better health care and lower costs in Cuba!

I hope our health care system becomes reformed and socialized, if for no other reason than this... just so the greedy insurance companies, drug manufacturers, doctors and politicians involved with them get dry fucked in the ass by the big fist of the middle class.

On a side note, I like Thomson's idea of sending illegal immigrants over seas to make them legal US citizens.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-12-05

http://www.pillclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fevafortheflava 5th September 2009, 8:41 am

I dont know how we can fix it, the only 2 ideas I had are already posted but I think we should nuke china, and the DPRK, I dont know how this will work but I dont trust any country with "people's republic" in it.

fevafortheflava

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 5th September 2009, 4:44 pm

How about legalizing marijuana? Federal Tax on it would bring us out of recession/depression.
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down