[DBD] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Patch question

2 posters

Go down

Quick Patch question Empty Quick Patch question

Post  guerrillaGirl69 8th June 2009, 1:39 am

cat
I tried the patch out and enjoyed it for the most part but there were a few things that I would rather not use. (the same godsmack song every freakin time I load the game, the marine voices, the insurgent camo, ect)
My main reason for downloading it was to obtain some of the optics for weapons that previously sported iron sights.
So, I'm curious if anyone could tell me exactly what files I would need to move from dbdpatch\models\weapons -into- \steamapps\myname\insurgency\insurgency\models\weapons in order to use only these weapons:

aks74u with eotech
m16 with red dot

I dont need the new sounds or anything, just need to know what files to move into my reinstalled insurgency folder.
like for example
v_rif_aks74u.sw.vtx
v_rif_aks74u.xbox.vtx
ect ect

Thanks and any help is appreciated, my brother is stationed in hawaii trying to get me to play and I cant wait to kick his ass with these optics.
I wish I could see the look on his face when he gets owned by his little sister in his favorite game.
Twisted Evil

Last edited by guerrillaGirl69 on 8th June 2009, 2:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sp)

guerrillaGirl69

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Quick Patch question Empty Re: Quick Patch question

Post  Chronos 8th June 2009, 2:50 am

Well, unfortunately for anyone that plays INS, the only weapons we are allowed to have optics on now are the Sergent and sniper classes. The developers removed the ability to use optics on all the other weapons. Crying or Very sad

So basically from the sounds of it, you want just the weapons. A few of the weapons have been reskinned and look better than the stock ones. Best bet would be to just go ahead and put all files from dbdpatch\models\weapons to \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR_USERNAME\insurgency\insurgency\Materials\models\weapons

But know that the sounds of some of the weapons have been changed too. In which case sounds would go in \Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR_USERNAME\insurgency\insurgency\sound\weapons

Welcome to our server and forum.
Chronos
Chronos
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2008-12-05

http://www.pillclan.com

Back to top Go down

Post  guerrillaGirl69 8th June 2009, 3:02 am

Ok, I started to realize that after going through the releases on insmod.net. Crying or Very sad

Thanks anyway, Maybe see you guys on the server.

guerrillaGirl69

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down