[DBD] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better than Left 4 Dead?

3 posters

Go down

Better than Left 4 Dead? Empty Better than Left 4 Dead?

Post  Thomson85 18th May 2009, 9:38 am

New game out called KILLING FLOOR

Doesnt look like the story line is better, but having IRON SIGHTS... is a plus. I'm going to get a "copy" and test it before I even think about buying it.
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/littlerascle

Back to top Go down

Better than Left 4 Dead? Empty Re: Better than Left 4 Dead?

Post  Spielkat 18th May 2009, 10:38 pm

This game seems cool, apparently it was originally a mod for unreal tournament. It seems more tactical than left 4 dead, so they probably play very differently.

Spielkat

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Nova 24th May 2009, 4:49 am

Well, having bought it, I'll say that this is a flatout amazing game. It's a little repetitive with the stock maps, but there's already a good deal of custom maps (some are just ports of the original mod maps), and the gameplay, while a little over-consistent, stays pretty awesome.

You can read more on Wikipedia, I'm sure, but what makes this game enjoyable to me are the perks, specialties that allow you to get certain weapons cheaper or do certain things easier, like having classes. The waves, while always staggered in the same way (as in, you won't see the bitchass Flesh Pounders until Wave 5/7) usually have different compositions.

Now, you see, I wouldn't say Killing Floor is better than L4D, because it isn't: the lack of a story mode (like having to protect living civilians or playing maps that are connected) kills some of it, and having just the one voice actor is rather lame. It is, however, an extremely amazing game, and definitely has the potential to beat L4D in some ways. Remember, however, that they were made at different times and the gameplay for each cater to different tastes.

In short: Get this game, but don't expect way too much yet.
Nova
Nova
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomson85 24th May 2009, 6:33 am

Nova wrote:Well, having bought it, I'll say that this is a flatout amazing game. It's a little repetitive with the stock maps, but there's already a good deal of custom maps (some are just ports of the original mod maps), and the gameplay, while a little over-consistent, stays pretty awesome.

You can read more on Wikipedia, I'm sure, but what makes this game enjoyable to me are the perks, specialties that allow you to get certain weapons cheaper or do certain things easier, like having classes. The waves, while always staggered in the same way (as in, you won't see the bitchass Flesh Pounders until Wave 5/7) usually have different compositions.

Now, you see, I wouldn't say Killing Floor is better than L4D, because it isn't: the lack of a story mode (like having to protect living civilians or playing maps that are connected) kills some of it, and having just the one voice actor is rather lame. It is, however, an extremely amazing game, and definitely has the potential to beat L4D in some ways. Remember, however, that they were made at different times and the gameplay for each cater to different tastes.

In short: Get this game, but don't expect way too much yet.

Ok, I agree... I like L4D more.... the best game would be L4D with iron sights.... I think I like this game so much due to being able to use iron sights.
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/littlerascle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down