[DBD] Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE - READ FIRST

Go down

HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE - READ FIRST Empty HOW TO REPORT AN ISSUE - READ FIRST

Post  Thomson85 22nd December 2008, 5:49 pm

Please be as descriptive as possible, the more you can make the reader understand your problem, the more likely that person is to understand the problem and better equipped to address the issue. If it is an issue with any software please provide the name of the software and the version of that software. If it is hardware, then please post the brand of the hardware, its function (GPU, Power supply, etc) and model/version if possible.

Please note that even though we as a whole are very knowledgable when it comes to computers and can/have provided much assistance to other members, that's all it is, our recommendation. What you decide to do to fix your computer is in your hands, if you do not feel confident in repairing the issue yourself then there are local computer shops most likely in your home town, even though we typically find that the expensive and usually not needed way out.

So please post your issues and we hope we can help, here is an example of an issue:

QUESTION

Game: Insurgeny
Model/Version: 2.1RC2 (current as of 22DEC08)
Issue: Missing textures
Description: Every time I play Insurgency I get black and pink squares all over the AK-47, I can not figure out how to resolve this problem. I re-installed Insurgency several times and now I am getting frustrated. Any help?

ANSWER

You are correct, what you have is a missing texture file for the AK-47, I will upload a AK-47 texture file to filefront.com for you to download. Simply download it, and place the files under: $steamapps>STEAMNAME>insurgency>insurgency>materials>models>weapons>ak-47

If you get to $steamapps>STEAMNAME>insurgency>insurgency>materials>models>weapons and you don't find a folder named AK47, right click>create folder>name it AK47, then put the file in there.

Restart steam and launch Insurgency and your texture issue should be resolved!
Thomson85
Thomson85
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1087
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/littlerascle

Back to top Go down